Advocating for Democratic values
in Newport Beach
and neighboring communities
Follow @NBWDC on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
Monthly Club Meetings
** SPECIAL EVENT **
Monday, July 22, 2019
Time: 5:30 P.M. Networking | 6:00 P.M. Meeting & Program
Location: OASIS Senior Center, ample free parking
Admission & Light Refreshments:
… Members: No charge
… Friends & Guests: $15 if Walk-In; $10 with advance RSVP
… Congressman Harley Rouda, CD48
… Assemblywoman Cottie Petrie-Norris, AD74
Agenda: Available early July
RSVP Deadline July 12: Use RSVP Form here.
Don’t delay; reserve your seat early. Those with reservations will be seated first.
** Special Day of Action Event **
Sunday, August 18, 2019
Time: 1:30 P.M. – 3:30 P.M.
Location: OASIS Senior Center with ample free parking
DITCH Mitch Letter-writing activity
… All materials provided
… Come and go as your time allows during the two-hour window
RSVP Deadline August 14 – Use RSVP Form here.
Voters & Candidates
Since the 2018 elections, have you:
- Turned 18 and plan to vote in the upcoming elections
- Had any change of address
- Decided to change your party affiliation
If you answer yes to any of these questions, don’t forget to register or update your voter registration. There are several helpful online tools and forms which can be found here at OCVote.com.
Our Elected Officials
Candidates: Any Democratic candidate who wishes to speak at an NBWDC event or seek an NBWDC Endorsement is required to fill out our Candidate Questionnaire which will then be reviewed for approval by our Program Committee. We offer two easy ways to to this:
- Contact NBWDC to request a link to our online Candidate Questionnaire.
- Download the PDF version, complete and return by email or USPS mail
Mailing Address & Phone
Newport Beach Women’s Democratic Club
P.O. Box 11761
Newport Beach CA 92658
Voicemail/Text @ (949) 423-6468
Membership Has Its Benefits
Renew your membership or join now to receive full Club Benefits, such as voting rights, members’ only news and invitations to special events.
Membership is valid for from January 1 through December 31 each year. Several membership categories are available (see below). And you may conveniently pay for your Annual Membership by either credit card or by check.
Membership options include:
- $50: Women registered as Democrats (Regular Member with full voting privileges)
- $40: Any gender/any party affiliation (Associate Member with limited voting privileges)
- $20: Student Membership (Full-time students only with valid ID)
Note: Donations and payments to political-party organizations, like NBWDC, are not tax deductible.
Membership by Check
If you wish to pay by check, please print our Application/Renewal Form, fill it out, attach your check and mail it to the address on the form or bring it to our next event. We look forward to hearing from you.
Member Contact Information
Have you moved or changed any of your contact information?
We are required by our Club Charter to maintain accurate contact information for all our members of record. If you have recently moved, changed your name, email address or phone number, please let us know so that we do not violate our charter requirements.
We have two convenient ways for you to let us know of these changes:
- A PDF form that you can fill out and return to us by email
- An online form that you submit through our website
Thanks for your help in keeping us in compliance with the California Democratic Party requirements.
2019 Club Officers & Committees
President: Tara Steele
Vice President: Cate Hardesty
Treasurer: Mikelle Fish
….Corresponding Secretary: Deborrah Lugo
….Recording Secretary: Karen Tringali
……Assistant Recording Secretary: Maureen Rust
With gratitude and thanks, we wish our outgoing officers (Rima Nashashibi, President and Karen Hinks, Vice President) best wishes in their future endeavors.
Assistant Officer Position Available
Assistant Treasurer: Open – Please Volunteer here
View our Committee Listing here
Past President Roster
Immediate Past President: Rima Nashashibi
Past President: Mridula Udayagiri
Past President: Jean Hastings Ardell
Founding President: Dr. Suzanne Savary
For NBWDC: Our club’s mission is to provide a forum for civil political discussions and promote and participate in activities that help educate members about local, regional, and national issues. And it is so important in this election year that we are successful in accomplishing our mission. Won’t you help us? We have a number of committee chairs who have specific roles and responsibilities and are always looking for a helping hand. For example:
- Communications & Social Media
- Events Planning
- Membership Outreach
- Governmental Activism
- Voter Outreach . . . and more
If you have an interest in any of these areas, please let us know. Send us an email or leave us a phone message (949.423.6468) and we’ll get right back to you.
Letters and calls to our legislators, letters to editors, Social Media postings, conversations with friends. These are all important tools to help get the word out and building support for issues that are important to women and Democrats. Find an issue you are passionate about and do your part to join in the conversation.
Elected Officials – Federal and State
Local Press Editors
Newport Beach Government Email Addresses
#StandwithPP Campaign (Planned Parenthood)
Our mission is to provide a forum for civil political discussions and promote and participate in activities that help educate members about local, regional, and national issues.
The Newport Beach Women’s Democratic Club was formed by a small group of like-minded Democratic women who were brought together by their desire for civil discussion around political issues. Within a short time, our club grew and became a notable presence in the Orange County Democratic community.
We promote democratic values through activism. Our work includes get-out-the-vote efforts, presence at community events, and sponsoring forums for Democratic candidates as well as candidates for non-partisan offices. We also speak publicly and take part in demonstrations.
Club membership is open to women who are registered Democrats. We also welcome registered Democratic men as non-voting associates. While most members live in Newport Beach, we also value those from surrounding Orange County communities.
At our meetings and events, we welcome those who wish to be benefactors of our Club regardless of party affiliation.
For more information about our Club and Membership, please fill out the Contact Us Form above.
The Newport Beach Women’s Democratic Club was chartered by the Democratic Party of Orange County in February 2008. Since then, we have accomplished much. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Hosted 2016 Candidate Forums for Federal, State, Local and City elections
- Worked directly with local elected officials to help support important legislation
- Worked as a founding member to create the California Alliance of Democratic Women’s Clubs
- Supported our founding president’s campaign for 48th Congressional District in 2016 and 2014
- Staffed the Democratic Party of Orange County’s voter registration booth at the Orange County Fair each year
- Recognized by Planned Parenthood in 2015 as part of the OC Women’s Coalition for work against abortion bans
- Participated as a partner in the OC Women’s Coalition against abortion bans at Hoag Hospital after its affiliation with St. Joseph’s Catholic Hospital
- Joined women’s groups from around the county in 2014 to protest the U.S. Supreme Court’s Hobby Lobby decision
- Honored as Coalition Partner of the Year in 2011 by Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties for our support of their organization.